Xero has added a number of new features to its software during August and September.
Here’s a quick summary of what were added on 11 August:
- Updating the Account Transactions report so you can do things like selecting all or some of your GL accounts for a chosen period. This is part of our move to a new reporting engine. As a first step, it will only be available for Starter and Standard users – but we’ll add support for Premium users soon.
- The depreciation report will provide similar functionality to the aged reports, showing information such as capital gains and depreciation recovered.
- You’ll be able to search invoices, bills and credit notes by transaction amount.
- Bank feeds will have an option that lets others refresh feeds that require Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), ensuring bank transaction data can flow regardless of which user is logged in.
- Remittance advices have been enhanced - again! You’ll be able to add more items to the advice, including a free text field, tax number and address information in the footer.
Xero has also added new reporting capabilities to your its software. The recent release, which went live on 8 September, includes a new Profit and Loss report that delivers some great improvements:
- more control to display what you want to see on screen
- make a modified report the template for future use
- re-order columns according to your preferences
- create groups; eg. split out revenue or expense items
- create your own formula for custom calculations you want to perform
What's more, this September release includes:
- Batch Deposits - so you can allocate one payment to multiple invoices and create a deposit slip
- Sales Receipting - to create receipts for your customers when you've paid invoices
- As well as new features in the banking area.
If you have any queries regarding Xero, contact us today! As a Xero Gold Partner with qualified bookkeepers in Canberra, you won't be sorry to use our services.
Source: Xero Blog
- New Financial Year: It might be time to change to Xero - But how much will I save?
- (Audio) How much attention do you pay to the biggest item in your books?
- (Audio) Cloud accounting is the past, so what will be the future?
- (Audio) Improving Xero performance to utilize all current and new functions
- New Feature Review - Exploring Xero Projects (Part 1)