Why did we move to Xero? Because of the software’s outstanding features? Because of benefits from the partner program? They are all correct. But the ultimate “because” was “because we wanted to be our clients’ choice”. Clients are always the motivation for all our innovations. One of the best innovations we made was converting the system to Xero – cloud accounting system.
So what is this thing called the cloud?
Think about when you use internet banking. Every time you access this data, you’re using the cloud. The cloud is a platform to make data and software accessible online anytime, anywhere, from any device. Your hard drive is no longer the central hub.
Five ways cloud software benefits your business
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team and advisors.
- Worry-free maintenance means you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
Hey, still questioning? Check this out.
The cloud isn’t all rainbows and sunshine, we’re tackling the tough questions about cloud computing so you can be prepared before moving your small business to the cloud.
- Isn’t cloud computing just the internet?
You use the internet to connect your device to the cloud, but the internet is just the connection – the cloud is where your data lives.
- Isn’t it possible to lose your data in the cloud?
Your data is actually much safer in the cloud than on your computer. Your computer can be stolen or corrupted quite easily, but cloud companies spend millions on systems and experts to protect your data.
- Isn’t ‘the cloud’ an Apple product?
Apple has a product called iCloud which uses cloud technology, but many other companies provide products in the cloud such as Google, Dropbox and Xero.
- Aren’t you stuck if the internet goes down?
These days, the internet is like electricity – it’s very rare for it to go down and when it does you just have to wait a short time for it to be available again. In the meantime, all your data is safe in the cloud.
- Isn’t cloud computing just a fad?
The cloud has been around for years and it’s only getting bigger. Internet banking started over 15 years ago. Now the technology is so fast and cheap that it’s being used for everything.
- Isn’t cloud computing expensive?
It’s much cheaper because you only pay for what you use. You’re not paying for endless upgrades, system maintenance, support fees or additional hardware like backup systems.
- Don’t I lose control of my data?
You actually have much more control of your data, since you can access, share and work with your info, anywhere, anytime, on any device. You also control who has access – which you can revoke in an instant.
- Isn’t the cloud only for tech people?
The cloud is much easier for everyone – you just log in and it works. Imagine: you don’t have to install files, worry about versions, or deal with patches and upgrades. Just log in.
- Who could we contact to ask about Xero and cloud accounting in Canberra?
Tailored Accounts should be the right contact. As a Xero Gold Partner, we are qualified to offer you best advices regarding this matter. And the fact that we actually experienced the process, our advices are practical. So contact us now to book an appointment!
Source: Different articles on Xero blog
- Software for Healthcare and Special Care Start-ups: Choose XERO
- New Financial Year: It might be time to change to Xero - But how much will I save?
- (Audio) How much attention do you pay to the biggest item in your books?
- (Audio) Cloud accounting is the past, so what will be the future?
- (Audio) Improving Xero performance to utilize all current and new functions