Tailored Accounts is currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper who is able to work full-time and join our team of young and dynamic accountants immediately.
We are a rapidly-growing back-office accounting and bookkeeping firm, and our team of highly-qualified accountants and bookkeepers deal with over 100 clients including associations, hospitals and retailers across Canberra and regional areas. In 2014, Tailored Accounts was one of five finalists in the Telstra Australian Business Awards for small businesses, and declared as one of three Canberra Business Point Awards finalists for the ‘High Growth’ category. In 2015, we continue to last year success with being finalists in the Australian Business Champion Awards.
As an experienced bookkeeper, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing accounting records;
- Monthly and end-of-year bank reconciliations;
- Managing AP, AR and payroll functions;
- BAS preparation;
- Assisting in preparation of financial statements and reports for clients; and
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Know and willing to learn Xero and MYOB;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail;
- Tertiary qualification in accounting;
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills;
- A committed team player and capacity to work unsupervised;
- Transport with driving license; and
- Be willing to work on client premises as required.
- Uni graduates are welcome!
Benefits of the position
In return, Tailored Accounts will provide the successful candidate with:
- Extensive on-the-job Xero and MYOB training, as well as career mentoring by a senior accountant/bookkeeper;
- Financial support in gaining CA or CPA upon commencing employment; and
- Sponsored Permanent Residency (for international candidates).