The six important steps of payment summary reconciliation that employers often overlook.
Payment summaries generation is a simple task, however the back end reconciliation does take half to a day of work. Here are list of 6 STEPS that our staff have to go through to ensure that your payment summaries are faultless!
1. Reconcile all staff payslips in the past 12 months with BASs submitted to ATO during the year. Incorrect payment summaries is the biggest trigger to an ATO tax audit...we understand how important it is to ensure our data is perfectly matched with ATO data;
2. Reconcile all staff payslips information: Gross Salary, PAYG withholding, FBT, Super payable, Salary sacrifice, Termination pays. A full reconciliation between payroll report vs General Ledgers are conducted for the full year to ensure your staff pays are agree with what coded into your accounting software for the last 12 months;
3. Once ATO = Pay summaries = General Ledger (debit/credit), our staff will print payment summaries and re-check them with employee payroll setup to ensure their pays are in line with their contract/award;
4. Payment summaries to be email to business owner/HR manager/CEO to check before we email to your staff;
5. Payment summaries to be emailed to staff before 14th July;
6. After 1 week from sending staff payment summaries, if we don't need to do any amendment, we will send Annual Payment Summaries to ATO before the DUE DATE 14th August.
- Protect your company from cyber scams
- New Financial Year: It might be time to change to Xero - But how much will I save?
- End Of Financial Year 2018: Get ahead of the game with Tailored Accounts
- (Audio) How much attention do you pay to the biggest item in your books?
- (Audio) Cloud accounting is the past, so what will be the future?