Tailored Accounts is a rapidly-growing, boutique back-office accounting and cloud integration firm based in Canberra City. The company is currently looking for an accountant to join our team in Canberra. This is a permanent position and the successful candidate is expected to commence in early November 2015.
We are a rapidly-growing back-office accounting and bookkeeping firm, and our team of highly-qualified accountants and bookkeepers deal with over 150 clients including associations, hospitals and retailers across Canberra and regional areas. In 2014, Tailored Accounts was one of five finalists in the Telstra Australian Business Awards for small businesses, and declared as one of three Canberra Business Point Awards finalists for the ‘High Growth’ category. In 2015, we continue to last year success with being a winner in the Australian Business Awards - ABA100 for Enterprise, a finalist in the Australian Business Champion Awards and a finalist in the Telstra Australian Business Awards for small businesses.
As an accountant, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing accounting records;
- Monthly, end-of-year bank and other reconciliations;
- Managing AP, AR and payroll functions;
- BAS preparation;
- Assisting in preparation of financial statements and reports for clients; and
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills or characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer focus and attention to detail;
- Tertiary qualification in accounting (including current students);
- Understanding of accounting software;
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills;
- A committed team player;
- Transport with driving license(preferable, but not essential);
- Honest and reliable; and
- Willing to work on client premises as required.
Benefits of the position
In return, Tailored Accounts will provide the successful candidate with:
- Extensive on-the-job Xero and MYOB training, as well as career mentoring by a senior accountant/bookkeeper;
- Remuneration/ Pay rate: $37.3k pro rata (depending on experience)