Welcome to Files in Xero - a new feature that helps you store any business document you want next to its relevant transaction in Xero. Just drag and drop.
Advantages of Files in Xero:
- Complete the picture: The feature helps code transactions, and then upload the relevant documents that support them. Everything you need will be in one place.
- Save time: No more going through shoeboxes looking for hard copies when it comes time to getting the books ready for tax and reporting purposes. Just one click and everything is ready.
- The storage you need: 1GB of storage – That’s about 20,000 typical Word docs and enough to keep the average small business going for many years.
- Security. Reliability. Availability. Files are fully encrypted and using geo-replication, are stored in multiple locations so you can rely on them being available when you need them – anywhere, at any time.
How will Files change the way you work?
- What about attaching contractual documentation associated with one of your clients, loan documents for a bank account, or a picture of a fixed asset. Or even attach a photo of a client?
- Store company incorporation documents for easy access by your accountant or bookkeeper.
- If you’re a startup looking for funding or to be acquired, why not create a contracts register so you’re always ready for Due Diligence?
- Accountants with not-for-profits, how about encouraging them to upload their source financial documents for you to make the audit process more cost effective?
- Bookkeepers – win new clients by making Accounts Payable processing central to your service offering.
- If you’re a franchisor, ask franchisees to upload their full business reports each month so all performance information is available.
- Software for Healthcare and Special Care Start-ups: Choose XERO
- New Financial Year: It might be time to change to Xero - But how much will I save?
- (Audio) How much attention do you pay to the biggest item in your books?
- (Audio) Cloud accounting is the past, so what will be the future?
- (Audio) Improving Xero performance to utilize all current and new functions